Thomas Edison said, “I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy.” Even in the early 1900s, the great inventor of the lightbulb realized how powerful solar energy is!
North Carolina is one of the top states in the nation for solar power for many good reasons. With so many discounts available for residents of North Carolina,
it is a fantastic time to join in reducing your carbon footprint and keeping the beautiful state clean.
Are you ready to learn more about North Carolina solar panels and their benefits? Let’s go over some of the ways your home and wallet will thank you once you have installed the alternative energy.
1. North Carolina Solar Panels Save Money
Once you entrust your home to solar installation companies, you will create a cleaner environment and save a lot of money in the long run.
With the solar panels installed, you will save a great deal of money on your monthly electric bill. Your solar panels could even generate enough energy to eliminate your payments.
Think of North Carolina solar panels as an investment rather than an expense. While it does cost some upfront, the amount of savings will more than makeup for it.
2. Solar Energy Incentives in North Carolina
North Carolina is currently rated 3rd in the national ranking according to Solar Industries Association.
It is no surprise when you look at all of the incentives and solar rebates offered to residents with solar energy in their homes.
Some of the solar panel incentives in North Carolina include:
- Duke Energy Solar Rebate – You could get instant rebates after installation depending on the number of kilowatts the solar panel system has.
- Net Metering – You can earn credits on your energy bill on the days your solar panels send energy to the power grid. Credits are applied when your panels are producing more energy than what you use.
- NC Property Tax Exemption for Solar – Even though your home may be worth more with solar panels, you will be exempt from your property taxes raising.
- Revolving Loans for Solar – You can take advantage of low-interest loans with a cap at 8% interest rates and a max of 20-year loan terms.
- Federal Solar Tax Credit – You can get a 26% deduction on your federal taxes.
3. Go Green
If you are environmentally conscious, you will love how well solar energy is for the environment. You will drastically reduce your carbon footprint and take part in creating a cleaner environment. Look for the best SOLAR PANEL KITS FOR HOME.
4. Increase Your Property Value
Studies have shown that homes equipped with solar panels have higher property values than those without solar. Also, as people become more aware of solar energy and its benefits, they consider that when looking for a new home to purchase.
5. Protect Against Rising Energy Costs
Residential electricity payments go up an average of 3% per year,
so having solar panels as your energy source will stop you from paying those rising costs. Having a fixed price with solar panels or a diminished bill will also help you prepare and manage your finances.
Make the Switch to Solar
North Carolina solar panels have many benefits for you to explore and ultimately help you save money. Choosing trusted solar installation companies will make the process easy from start to finish so you can quickly start reaping the benefits.
If you enjoyed this post, please browse our website to find more helpful content.